Here’s an article I think is worth sharing. It’s unusually good for this kind of thing. I know I can never get enough of guys explaining how guys think and what they want. Sort of an instruction manual!
What Guys Wish We Knew
By Sandra Prior
Posted: July 26, 2009
One of the great things about guys is they’re generally uncomplicated creatures and most of the time it’s not difficult to make them happy.
The exception is when it comes to intimate-relationship issues. So, as part of our ongoing quest to help you understand the male mind, we asked some guys to fill us in on what women everywhere want to know. With guaranteed anonymity they were very honest (occasionally, brutally so):
1. I think about you more than you realize. I just don’t phone or e-mail you every time it happens.
2. I never tell my guy friends details of our sex life. But I make sure they know I’m getting it regularly and I lie about how hot it is just to show off.
3. Making me ask a man for directions is like me telling you to ask another woman for fashion advice.
4. I love being seduced, so please do it more often. Always being the one to start things off sexually puts more pressure on me than you realize.
5. It’s actually not okay to pee in front of me all the time. It’s just a little too familiar, you know?
6. If I stand a chance with you, never play hard to get. I’m so freaked out by rejection I’ll just assume you aren’t into me and stop calling.
7. When it comes to your guy’s penis, remember three things: if it’s small, say it’s the perfect fit; if it’s average, say it’s huge; if it’s huge, he’ll know – but he’ll love hearing you say it anyway.
8. Until we have The Talk it’s safe to assume I’m still exploring my options when it comes to relationships.
9. Ask me to do something for you and you’ll remind me I’m a man. Tell me how to do something and you’ll remind me of my mother.
10. Anything impressive I do dating-wise I probably learnt from a previous girlfriend.
11. You may have heard you can tell whether a guy is good in bed if he’s a good dancer. It’s not true. Like most men, I’m too self-conscious to let loose on the dance floor.
12. Telling me I’m right – no matter the topic – will score major points with me.
13. The fastest way to get me to do something in bed that really gets you going is to tell me what it is and ask me whether I’m up for the challenge.
14. A $2 T-shirt that barely covers your butt is sexier than 95% of costly lingerie.
15. I’m sensitive about my body but I won’t admit it. If you point out my stomach flab I’ll probably shrug off the comment in front of you, then privately check out my stomach later.
16. It’s not a good idea to read something into every word I say when we fight. I’ll be caught off-guard. For me, it’s like trying to pass an oral exam I never knew I had to study for.
17. If I walk away from you without an explanation, I either had to let one rip or scratch my balls.
18. I only ask you to dress up as a schoolgirl to try to have the sex I never had in high school.
19. If you’re playing with me and I’m not getting hard, you’re probably doing it too lightly.
20. It’s a good sign if I make fun of you. We men only do that with people we like.
21. If you have to ask me whether I enjoy giving you oral sex then you have your answer; I don’t.
22. I’m honestly blind to reading your body language in bed. Speak up.
23. You can discover what fires me up if you can find my porn stash.
24. If I say you look nice when I show up, it’s polite. If I say it later on, it’s an excuse to stare.
25. I have at least one ‘girlie’ song on my iPod. But I’ll deny knowing how it got there if you ask.
26. I know girls burp and fart. But hearing you do it is worse than when I do it – not fair but true.
27. Next time you insist on freshening up in the bathroom before sex, make it quick – or I will probably start wondering what nasty deed you’re doing in there.
28. I pick out clothes that feel good. If you want me to dress cool, get something comfy.
29. When you get up from our table at a restaurant or bar to go to the bathroom, I scan the room to see who checks you out.
30. Seeing your feisty side makes me feel as connected to you as you do to me when I’m sensitive.
31. Looking at other women does not mean anything other than that someone’s outfit happens to be more revealing than yours.
32. Making me carry your bag in public may be helpful to you but it makes me feel like I’m wearing a skirt: emasculated. If you ask me to carry it all the time I’m going to resent it.
33. All guys masturbate. Most of us have been doing it since we learnt how to use the thing.
34. I’m totally in favor of you wearing some skimpy clothes when we’re out with my friends.
35. Want me to watch more chick flicks with you? Then don’t tell all your friends how I got tearful during the last one. My reputation is at stake.
36. When I bring up something I did for an ex, I’m trying to prove I’m good boyfriend material.
37. I know I’ll never be the bad-boy type – but please don’t refer to me as a ‘nice guy’.
38. If you hate my mother, I’ll think less of you. But if you always agree with her, I’ll also think less of you.
39. Giving me details about your period is as attractive as me describing my bowel movements.
40. When I propose something kinky in bed, always tell me you’ve never done it before.
41. Sex is much more intense if you look into my eyes.
42. Yeah, it’s annoying you take so long to get ready – but when you look so fantastic, all is forgiven.
43. Ask me how many women I’ve slept with and it’ll be low if I like you and high if I want a fling.
44. Do something naughty in bed once in a while; something that will shock me. Getting a glimpse of your wild side is the sexiest thing ever.
I’m pleasantly surprised by how much guys want women to be feisty, forthright, direct. Anything here surprise you?