This weekend I worked on the site’s back end a bit. The Search box is back – it’s a handy way to find old posts by topic. I’ve also added the ability to Edit your own comments, along with other options like Delete and Email.
Most new features may be found in the Forum:
1. Updated the software, fixing previous bugs and increasing efficiency.
2. At a reader’s request, created a new forum called Girls Only, adding a Guys Only forum as well. Use them as a way to chat with members of the same sex, but keep in mind that posts may be read by everyone.
3. Added a plethora of plugins, which should make the Forum more user-friendly and fun:
- Private Messaging between members
- Ability to subscribe via email to new posts or just “Watch.”
- A full-featured toolbox for typing replies, including the ability to upload images and files.
- The option to preview a post.
- A Poll button, allowing you to create polls within posts.
- A Report button to flag any inappropriate post or spam.
4. Several people have suggested that one way of keeping comment threads on topic and readable is to move the most argumentative threads over to the Forum. I think this is an excellent idea, and to that end I’ve added the ability to link blog comments to the forum. I’ll be experimenting with this in the days and weeks ahead.
As always, your feedback is appreciated.