About Hooking Up Smart
Thank you for your interest in advertising with Hooking Up Smart! HookingUpSmart.com has a highly engaged and loyal readership among Sex and Relationships blogs.
Through high quality commentary and lively debate, HookingUpSmart.com provides strategic insight, guidance, and perspective to women and men in their search for meaningful relationships.
- Hooking Up Smart’s core audience is single women aged 18-44, with the largest concentration in the 18-24 group.
- Approximately 30% of the readership is male, aged 18-30.
- The blog attracts a highly educated audience, comprised of college students, college graduates and post-college graduates.
- 62% of visitors are from the U.S. and Canada. Another 33% come from the UK and other English-speaking countries.
- Google provides 62% of daily traffic, Facebook 12% and Twitter 7%.
Since 2009, Pageviews have grown steadily:
- Alexa global rank of 95,562, top 0.1 percentile.
- Google Page Rank of 4.
- 3,500 Twitter followers.
- 2,000 RSS feed and email subscribers.
- 600 total blog posts over three years.
- 105,000 total reader comments.
- Three posts per week.
- March, 2012 posts averaged more than 500 reader comments each.
During the past three and a half years, Hooking Up Smart has attracted increasing attention from the mainstream media:
- 2012: Online dating consultant for Draft FCB, one of the world’s largest global advertising agency networks.
- November, 2011: Featured prominently in All the Single Ladies by Kate Bolick, the cover story of Atlantic Magazine. It’s the most read article in the history of the magazine, and has already spawned a television series and a book deal.
- January, 2012: Included in Modern Day Matchmaker Paul Carrick Brunson’s article 13 Relationship Blogs I Love at Essence Magazine.
- May, 2012: Named #17 of Top 100 Blogs by Sex & Love & Dating.
- Other media mentions include The Washington Post, The Washington Times, National Review, Slate, The Sydney Morning Herald, Alter Net, and Psychology Today.
- March, 2011: Featured guest on Talk Back, a weekly radio show for college students hosted by Susan Morris of National Public Radio.
- Named Top 100 Blog of 2010 by Brainz.org.
- March, 2010: Featured guest on The Love Hangover, a two-hour online radio show hosted by Neely Steinberg.
- April, 2009: Served as an expert panelist on a Hookup Culture webinar for parents of high schoolers, hosted by Harvard University’s Office of Sexual Prevention and Response.
- 2009: Relationship Expert on WABC’s The Curtis Sliwa Show.
- Featured in a video segment about hookup culture by NYU Tonight, a student-run news service.
- Invited to speak about hookup culture at several Boston-area educational institutions, including Tufts University.
Hooking Up Smart is a member of the BlogHer advertising network. We also have opportunities for independent advertisers in the right sidebar below the fold.
For more information about advertising at Hooking Up Smart, please contact us using the form below:
[gravityform id=”2″ name=”Contact” description=”false”]